Looking for a job? Have a position you need to fill? We can help!
Email your job posting to us at email@example.com today!
SeaTrek BVI Seeks EMT/Medical Officer
Posted January 8, 2019
SeaTrek BVI www.seatrekbvi.com is seeking to fill the position of EMT/Medical Officer for the summer of 2019. EMT/Medical Officer live and sail with jr high, high school and college age participants aboard 44’ and 48' catamarans in the British Virgin Islands. They are responsible for seeing that the students follow thru with the aspects of the program including sailing, scuba/marine science instruction, life aboard ship and shore based activities. You will be an energetic and motivated sailor with experience working with teens. This position is rigorous but very rewarding and requires a strong dedication to the students and the goals of the program. EMT/Medical Officer are responsible for attending to all student and staff first aid and treatment, administration of student medications, medical records keeping, and accompanying students on clinic/hospital visits.
Requirements:· Certified EMT
· Experience working with teenagers in an educational camp setting, with special consideration given to residential (sleep-away) experience
· Outstanding references (will be checked)
· Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Team oriented
· Strong work ethic
· A love of marine science, sailing, the sea, and working with teenagers
Preference given to those with:
· ASA Basic Keelboat Instructor
· Outdoor Education experience
· Team-teaching experience
· Familiar with REEF Fish ID Program
· Equipment/engine maintenance skills
· Scuba certification
· Insured NAUI Dive Master or Instructor
· Experience teaching water sports (water-skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing or kayaking)
- $3,000 in financial compensation
- Round trip transportation from nearest major airport to Tortola, BVI
Reimbursement of 1/4 Scuba Instructor Insurance or ½ Divemaster Insurance after summer program ends if so certified.
- Temporary Work Permit required by the BVI government
- All on board expenses.
If interested contact Capt. Monk Daniel firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter. Photo and resume.
Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center Seeks Summer Assistance
Posted January 2, 2019
Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center seeks summer dive assistance. Part or full-time. Experience diving in cooler temperatures and low visibility on the North Carolina coast is a plus. Experience with wreck diving a plus. (Water temperatures can be in the 80's on surface and 50's at depth even during the summer months. Visibility can range from 20 to 60 feet at depth.)
Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center is seeking Divemasters (with boat experience and local dive experience). Divemasters must have own equipment (or may purchase it) as well as own wreck reel (400ft minimum). Part or full time. Hours are 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Insurance paid for by dive center. Divemasters are paid per person for guiding dives, doing refresher dives and leading beach dives. Divemasters also work for tips.
• Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center also needs divemates at least Advanced Diver certified. Mates will be trained* at no cost for certifications following Advanced. Part or full time. Hours: 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. This is a dive boat position so applicants should be comfortable on a boat. Dive Center will train*.
• There are positions also available for dive interns and dive volunteers. Individuals need to be at least Open Water certified. Dive Center will train*.
*All positions include free training through instructor level, free use of dive gear and tank, free boat and beach diving, pro-deals on new dive equipment.
Contact Pam Landrum at: 252-473-1356 if interested.
Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center
627 US Hwy 64, Manteo, NC
Georgia Aquarium Seeks Divemaster
Updated January 2, 2019
Position: Part-time Divemaster
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Employer: Georgia Aquarium
The primary responsibility of the Part-time Dive Immersion Dive Masters is the coordination of the daily guest dive immersion experience ensuring that all programming is engaging and innovative, with a priority on guest service, satisfaction, and safety. Program responsibilities will be conducted in accordance with the Georgia Aquarium Dive Safety Program and in direct support of the mission of the Georgia Aquarium, including staff diver training and guest diver program administration.
1. Responsible for guest immersion experience daily diving operations.
2. Participate in advanced training and development classes.
3. Become proficient in all 6 of the dive master job assignments.
4. Share knowledge with others in a team environment and assist with training of those with less knowledge and experience.
5. Meet all applicable requirements as outlined in Georgia Aquarium’s Diving Operations and Procedures Manual.
6. Adhere to all dive safety policies and procedures as set by GAI and the Dive Control Board.
7. Maintain and inspect dive equipment ensuring all is within the proper operating parameters to provide a safe and enjoyable diving environment for guest divers.
8. Assist with the implementation of preventative maintenance on breathable air systems while maintaining precise records.
9. Regularly perform guest experience dives in support of the program mission.
10. Regularly demonstrate a comprehensive and advanced knowledge of recreational diving methods and techniques.
11. Occasionally assist Husbandry with exhibit maintenance and other duties as workload necessitates.
12. Maintain the highest standards of work area cleanliness at all times.
13. Interface effectively with other departments to maintain the highest standards of quality.
14. Regularly interact on behalf of Georgia Aquarium, with guests, media, public, etc.
15. Perform other Dive Office functions such as filling cylinders, tending/diving feeding presentations, data entry, buddy diving, diving supervisor, etc. as needed.
• High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Present evidence of all dive training and diving history.
• Pass Georgia Aquarium’s Dive Physical.
• Pass Georgia Aquarium’s Swim Test annually.
• Pass an Open Water checkout dive with Diving Safety Officer or Designee.
• Previous experience in dive instruction and guidance preferred. Aquarium-related guest program experience is a plus .
• Hold a current, active, certification as an Open Water Diving instructor or Dive Master from an internationally recognized diving agency.
• Hold current First Aid and Adult, Child, and Infant CPR, and Oxygen Provider Instructor certifications from a nationally recognized agency .
• Additional education and diving related certification(s), i.e. Divers with disabilities instructor, Instructor Trainer from internationally recognized dive agency, and any additional training/experience in underwater guest diver programs are a plus.
• A basic knowledge of marine species and environments is a plus .
• Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements .
• High level of interpersonal skills to interact with staff and guests .
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality .
• Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills essential .
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. In addition, the daily physical requirements specific to the Maintenance Diver may include:
• Lift and carrying in loads excess of 50 pounds 100 feet .
• Ability to swim.
• Ability to use SCUBA equipment.
• Ability to maintain daily contact with a living collection of plants and animals .
• Ability to perform both in water and on land rescues proficiently.
A Deep Blue Dive Center Seeks Dive Instructors and Boat Captain
Updated January 2, 2019
1. A Deep Blue Dive Center is looking for a dive instructor to work full time at Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters.
• Guide guests on interactive snorkeling and diving tours in the aquarium's main tank.
• Oversee snorkel excursions in the lagoon.
• Instruct entry-level dive courses for kid's camp participants, etc.
Other duties include cleaning the main aquarium tanks; maintaining the scuba and snorkel equipment; helping biologists with feeding and monitoring the fish; and conducting other necessary tasks.
2. A Deep Blue Dive Center is looking for a full-time captain with dive pro-rating as well as dive instructors to work full or part time.
Captain must have Master's License and dive pro rating (Divemaster or higher).
• Running half-day dive and snorkel trips, island tours, and sunset cruises.
Applicants must be current with dive pro status and have own liability insurance. Must live in the Florida Keys and have own transportation. No keys disease.
Compensation: Shift pay, plus tips for all positions.
Please email resume with contact information to email@example.com to be considered.
• Conduct scuba courses.
• Guide certified divers.
• Dry crew mate the boat.
• Maintain scuba and snorkel equipment, tank fills, etc.
Dive Spot Seeks Instructor/Sales Person
Updated January 2 2019
Dive Spot is seeking a NAUI Instructor/Salesperson to work full-time and who would be available to work in its new retail store, located in Fremont, California.
Ability to speak Chinese and/or Vietnamese in addition to English is a plus. Social media and basic website administration a plus.
Compensation: Hourly plus commission, plus income from instruction.
- "Key Man" programs available from Scubapro, Oceanic and Hollis
- Employee discounts to be discussed
- In-store sales
- Shipping & receiving
- Support regional events & functions.
- other duties as needed.
- Teach NAUI classes (Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue, Divemaster and Specialties).
Applicant should be knowledgeable and an overall enthusiastic person who would enjoy working in a new dive retail enterprise. Holding an instructor certification is required. Northern California is a great place to teach diving and the Fremont area has a very affluent customer base.
Interested individuals should contact Tom Tahk at (408) 499-6543 or firstname.lastname@example.org