Looking for a job? Have a position you need to fill? We can help!
Email your job posting to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Elmer's Watersports, Inc. SCUBA Technician/Sales Associate
Posted On: 8/13/2020
Updated On: 8/13/2020
Elmer's Watersports, Inc. is a reputable Chicagoland dive center, serving divers interested in exploring the underwater world - from the Great Lakes to the South Pacific. We are dealers for Scubapro, Huish, Dive Rite, and Halcyon equipment. We offer boat charters in Lake Michigan and Lake Superior - April through October, International travel throughout the year (examples include but are not limited to: Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Palau, Raja Ampat, and San Salvador) and SCUBA instruction.
We are looking for an associate that has sales experience, is highly motivated, and able to work autonomously.
(This position highly prefers a SCUBA professional with equipment sales experience, as well as, tank maintenance and fill station experience.)
Customer Service skills a must!
As a Sales Associate, you must be able to carry and fill scuba tanks, sell and stock inventory, and keep the store clean.
Training and starting date open to discussion.
- Flexible hours during the week including weekends
- Customer service experience
- Point of sales/ computer experience
- Website and Calendar management
- Able to lift tanks/75 lbs.
- Additional requirements as needed
- Fill station experience HIGHLY preferred
- Nitrox/gas blending experience HIGHLY preferred
- Tank Inspection HIGHLY preferred
- Valve repair experience HIGHLY preferred
- SCUBA Technician for Huish and Scubapro HIGHLY preferred
Opportunity for additional hours if you are an active, insured Dive Master and/or Instructor.
Opportunity for regulator technician hours with current certification (please inquire about brand)
Send Resume to: email@example.com
Seacamp Association, Inc Seeks Instructors
Posted On: 2/26/2020
Updated On: 2/26/2020
Seacamp Association, Inc Seeks Instructors
Location: Big Pine Key, Florida
Seacamp is looking for dynamic SCUBA Instructors interested in teaching teenagers basic certification courses and leading dives for certified divers. Instructors prepare and conduct Skin diving, NAUI SCUBA Diver, NAUI Master Diver, and Seacamp’s own selection of Marine Science Investigations classes for teenagers. Instructors also train staff in NAUI Rescue Diver and NAUI Skin Diving Instructor to prepare them to act as snorkeling and SCUBA assistants. Instructors participate in all camp functions and assist in camper supervision.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be a nationally certified SCUBA Instructor. Seacamp is a NAUI facility but hires instructors from all agencies.
- Must be comfortable in the water and have strong swimming skills.
- Employment dates are May 22-August 31.
- Salary, room and board, and allowance for insurance
- Opportunity to dive one of the most extensive coral reefs in the continental United States. Practical experience teaching environmental awareness in a tropical marine setting.
- Comprehensive experiential staff training program.
SEACAMP staff enhances their career potential through one of the most comprehensive staff training programs in the camping field. Spending the summer working with us can help staff:
- Develop leadership, decision-making, and communication skills
- Gain experience teaching others
- Have a positive influence on youth
- Build life-long friendships working closely with a talented, multi-cultural staff
- Establish professional references and contacts
- Clarify personal career goals
- Learn from professionals in the fields of marine science, aquatics, and child development
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN: Training all age groups including instructing a NAUI Rescue Diver and Skin Diving Instructor course for staff and co-instructing Marine Science/SCUBA courses for campers that are certified divers; participating in a comprehensive Captain’s Course including seamanship, navigation, and practical boat handling; Experience in compressor operation and gear maintenance.
To Apply: Send resume with complete work history and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you to complete your employment packet, including an application, official college transcripts and references. Applicants will be required to submit a Level II fingerprint background check and drug screening prior to employment.
American Diving seeks Scuba Diving Instructor or Dive Master
Posted On: 2/19/2020
American Diving is seeking a scuba diving instructor and/or dive master. We are a full-service NAUI dive center, operating since 1985. We can train up the right person if you are an experienced diver.
Dive instruction, dive master, guide snorkel trips, equipment maintenance and repair, cylinder inspection and fill, retail dive store duties. Dive sites in the Gulf of Mexico range from 6 to 19 miles from shore. Our dive boat is a 65 foot, US Coast Guard inspected vessel capable of holding up to 24 divers. Must be comfortable operating in varying ocean conditions. We also perform light commercial dive work.
Safely guide and teach divers of all ages with varying levels of experience. You will provide an outstanding, safe, and educational experience to divers on land and in the water. explain and demonstrate proper diving techniques and equipment care. Prepare customers for a safe experience by providing thorough introductions to equipment and safety requirements.
We operate in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment. Candidates should be punctual, outgoing, responsible, problem-solving, team player, organized (equipment and time management), strong swimmer, detail-oriented, reliable, have a valid drivers license, be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and have a love of the ocean and sharing it with visitors to our Island.
- Prior Tour Guide experience
- Prior boat experience
- Prior professional watersports experience
- SCUBA/Swim/FreeDiving/Snorkeling/Surfing personal hobbies
Key Job Duties: Charter boat dive master and snorkel tour guide, instructor, equipment maintenance, cylinder fill and maintenance, boat maintenance, retail sales and equipment rental, marine life identification, ensuring safety and enjoyment of guests at all times, maintaining a tidy fleet and gear locker
About American Diving: American Diving is a full-service, family-owned dive center operating since 1985. We pride ourselves on providing top-notch instruction and dive charters to dive sites in the Gulf of Mexico.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
NAUI Instructor - SeaTrek BVI
Posted On: 12/10/2019
SeaTrek BVI seeking NAUI Instructor
SeaTrek BVI www.seatrekbvi.com is seeking to fill the position of NAUI Instructor for the summer of 2020. Staff lives and sail with jr high, high school and college age participants aboard 44’ to 48’ catamarans in the British Virgin Islands. They are responsible for seeing that the students follow through with the aspects of the program including sailing, scuba/marine science instruction, life aboard ship and shore based activities. You will be an energetic and motivated Instructor with experience working with teens. This position is rigorous but very rewarding and requires a strong dedication to the students and the goals of the program. Instructors are responsible for the facilitation of group dynamics onboard his or her boat and planning of activities that challenge the students.
- NAUI Instructor with current insurance.
- Experience working with teenagers in an educational camp setting, with special consideration given to residential (sleep-away) experience
- Outstanding references (will be checked)
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Team oriented
- Strong work ethic · A love of marine science, sailing, the sea, and working with teenagers
Preference given to those with:
- Outdoor Education experience
- Team-teaching experience
- Familiar with REEF Fish ID Program
- Equipment/engine maintenance skills
- Experience teaching water sports (water-skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing or kayaking)
- $1,000 per voyage in financial compensation
- Round trip transportation from nearest major airport to Tortola, BVI Reimbursement of 1/4 Scuba Instructor Insurance or ½ Divemaster Insurance after summer program ends if so certified.
- Temporary Work Permit required by the BVI government
- All on board expenses.
If interested contact Capt. Monk Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume w/photo and 2 references.
Dive Instructors - A Deep Blue Dive Center
Posted On: 12/3/2019
A Deep Blue Dive Center is looking for a dive instructor, Divemaster and a store employee to work full time at Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters.
- Guide guests on interactive snorkeling and diving tours in the aquarium's main tank.
- Oversee snorkel excursions in the lagoon.
- Instruct entry-level dive courses for kid's camp participants, etc.
- Conduct scuba courses.
- Guide certified divers.
- Dry crew mate the boat.
- Maintain equipment, tank fills, etc.
- Other duties include cleaning the main aquarium tanks; maintaining the scuba and snorkel equipment; helping biologists with feeding and monitoring the fish; and conducting other necessary tasks.
Applicants must be current with dive pro status and have own liability insurance. Must live in the Florida Keys and have own transportation. No keys disease.
Compensation: Shift pay, plus tips for all positions.
Please email resume with contact information to email@example.com to be considered.