Looking for a job? Have a position you need to fill? We can help!
Email your job posting to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Lighthouse Diving Center - Sales Person, Instructors & Dive Masters
Posted On: 4/7/2021
Updated On: 4/7/2021
Lighthouse Diving Center, Inc. is now hiring
- Sales Person
- Dive Masters
We are looking for positions to be filled at two of our three of our locations.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send your resume to Lighthouse Diving Center, Inc. ATTN:
Harry Truitt at email@example.com (425) 771-2679) or
Andrew Bruscher at firstname.lastname@example.org (206) 524-1633
Lighthouse Diving Center is seeking candidates to fill a sales position and join its Professional Dive Staff in the Seattle area.
Job Title: Salesperson
Location: Lynnwood, WA, Seattle, WA
Reports to: Store Manager.
Salary: Salary (commensurate with experience) plus any instructor income if applicable.
- 5 days sick leave.
- 1 week vacation after 1 year.
- 2 weeks’ vacation after 2 years.
- Employee discounts -15% over cost.
- "Key Man" programs available.
- in-store sales
- shipping & receiving
- support regional events & functions.
- other duties as needed.
- teach NAUI classes if applicable (Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue, Divemaster and Specialties).
This is a fast paced position for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic person who wants to work in the Scuba Diving Industry. Holding an Instructor Certification would be a plus but is not required. Seattle is a great area to teach diving and to raise tomorrow's divers. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity; year-round diving with a 49 year old company seasoned in the diving industry.
Dive Isla Bella - Dive Master, Instructors and Administration Assistance
Posted On: 4/5/2021
Location: Dive Isla Bella, Marathon, Florida Keys
Position: Full or Part-Time Dive Masters, Instructors, Administration Assistance in Dive Retail wanted.
Contact: Wendy Hall 305-7437255
US Space & Rocket Center - Dive Instructor
Posted On: 3/29/2021
Full Job Description
The purpose of this position is to assist in the effective and efficient operation of the Water Training Facilities department to ensure the safety of all employees, guests and trainees during water training activities. This position will ensure that these activities maintain standards for educational quality and reflect the Mission, Vision and Spirit of the USSRC.
1. Water Training Facilities Administration
- a. Meet or exceed standards for safety, security, hygiene, and emotional welfare of participants that may normally be expected of a firm and judicious parent.
- b. Conduct tours and lectures in a prompt, professional manner to ensure that guests receive quality service that reflects the Mission, Vision and Spirit of the USSRC.
- c. Meet or exceed professional and industry standards for the handling of hazardous chemicals.
- d. Ensure that all safety equipment is available and in proper working condition for all water training activities.
- e. Ensure the orderliness and appearance of the Water Training Facility and related areas.
- f. Meet or exceed the expectations of the Water Training Manager for the accurate and timely completion of related tasks and assignments.
2. Underwater Astronaut Trainer
- a. Meet or exceed professional and industry standards for maintaining integrity of water tank and related equipment.
- b. Meet or exceed professional and industry standards for proper water quality, chemistry, clarity and temperature.
- c. Assist divers with preparation, donning, doffing, and rinsing of equipment to ensure diver safety and proper operation of equipment.
- d. Conduct underwater training, tours, demonstrations and simulations in a prompt, professional and educational manner to ensure that guests and trainees receive quality service that reflects the Mission, Vision, and spirit of the USSRC.
- e. Teach SCUBA to Advanced Academy trainees in a professional, educational, and safe manner to ensure that they receive quality experience that reflects the Mission, Vision and Spirit of the USSRC.
- f. Ensure that WTF documentation and related materials are accurately and promptly filed and maintained in accordance with WRT procedures. Documentation includes, but is not limited to:
- · SCUBA Classes · Simulation Test Demos
- · Air Quality · Health Department Records
- · Pump Room Logs · Water Chemistry Logs
- · Compressor · Equipment Maintenance Log
- · Air Fill Log · Inventory
- g. Systematically inspect the UAT, chlorinating, heat and circulation, air compressor systems and other mechanical equipment and devices to ensure an effective level of operation and safety.
- h. Ensure that all malfunctions with UAT, mechanical equipment and electrical systems are reported promptly for repair.
- i. Ensure that the Underwater Training Facility has adequate supplies and materials necessary to conduct daily operations.
3.This position requires the following certifications. If applicant does not possess the certifications, he/she must obtain them within 6 months of date of hire:
- j. Open water SCUBA certified
- k. NAUI SCUBA Rescue and Training Assistant Certification
- l. Current CPR Certification for professional
- m. First Aid Certification
- n. Pool care and maintenance certification
- o. Lifeguard certification
4. The following certifications are preferred in addition to the above:
- a. NAUI Master SCUBA Diver certification
- b. Active NAUI or nationally recognized SCUBA instructor or assistant instructor
- c. Certified Pool and Spa operator
- d. SCUBA gear maintenance repair
- e. Lifeguard instructor certification
- f. Instructorship in CPR, First Aid, Swimming
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities No.
Required Education and Experience
Education: High school or G.E.D. plus 2 years formal education beyond the high school level
Work Experience: 3-6 months experience as a lifeguard with some supervisory experience desire (0-6 months) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the above required certifications or be willing to obtain certifications within 6 months of employment. Must have excellent verbal communication skills to instruct employees and trainees in the proper use of WTF equipment and activities.
Preferred Education and Experience
SCUBA instructor certification preferred. Basic knowledge of pool systems and engineering design helpful.
Work Environment/Physical Demands Summary
This position has the following special requirements:
- Walking, climbing (stairs) to access other departments/locations on USSRC grounds and to inspect UAT equipment and facility.
- Must possess and perform required open water SCUBA and swimming activities including SCUBA rescue.
- Pushing, carrying, lifting equipment up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to handle 540 lb. drums of acid & caustic chemicals, power and hand tools and plumbing equipment.
- Bending, kneeling reaching to store / retrieve supplies and equipment.
- Sight, feeling, talking hearing to supervise, instruct, assist employees and trainees.
This position involves working in a climate-controlled building and at times outside in fair weather conditions in the Aviation Challenge lake. This position involves the hazards associated with the profession. This position deals extensively with employees and trainees that interact with assigned area of responsibility. This position interacts extensively with small children. This position will require the wearing of a wet suit with SCUBA equipment and performing SCUBA dives with trainees.
Travel Required? No
Apply Online: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=d06af204f0349a5b&from=serp&vjs=3
Life Support Systems Technician - Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
Posted On: 2/23/2021
Updated On: 2/23/2021
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden is currently recruiting for an experienced, motivated,
team player to join us! These is a full-time opportunity with benefits.
Life Support Systems Technician
Full-time/Salary: $15.13 - $17.00
Responsibilities: Given objectives set by the Director of Facilities Maintenance, is responsible
for operating, repairing, and maintaining Riverbanks LSS equipment, structures and facilities.
Will ensure a safe work environment, while understanding the operation and interpretation of
technical LSS equipment. Follows USDA, DHEC, OSHA, AZA, etc. standards in all areas.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science, Biological Sciences or a related
field required. Experience with commercial LSS equipment, water quality testing equipment,
and/or pool filtration and equipment preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training
and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Open Water Dive
Certification from a nationally accredited organization desired. Experience working in an AZA
accredited institution preferred.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working within a collaborative environment and be a team player.
Must be organized, detail oriented, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
with a very high standard for service. Will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and
possess thorough knowledge of current computer applications to include MS Office Suite. Must
be able to pass a dive medical evaluation and be able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. repeatedly.
Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver’s license.
Please visit our webpage for a full Job Posting.
Please visit www.riverbanks.org for more information. Riverbanks Zoo is an Equal
To apply for any of this exciting opportunities, please visit www.riverbanks.org
Use the “Join Our Team” link to complete an on-line application and submit your
resume and cover letter.
Seacamp Association, Inc Seeks Instructors
Posted On: 1/29/2021
Updated On: 1/29/2021
Seacamp is looking for dynamic SCUBA Instructors interested in teaching teenagers basic certification courses and leading dives for certified divers. Instructors prepare and conduct Skin diving, NAUI SCUBA Diver, NAUI Master Diver, and Seacamp’s own selection of Marine Science Investigations classes for teenagers. Instructors also train staff in NAUI Rescue Diver and NAUI Skin Diving Instructor to prepare them to act as snorkeling and SCUBA assistants. Instructors participate in all camp functions and assist in camper supervision.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be a nationally certified SCUBA Instructor. Seacamp is a NAUI facility but hires instructors from all agencies.
- Must be comfortable in the water and have strong swimming skills.
- Employment dates are May 22-August 31.
- Salary, room and board, and allowance for insurance
- Opportunity to dive one of the most extensive coral reefs in the continental United States. Practical experience teaching environmental awareness in a tropical marine setting.
- Comprehensive experiential staff training program.
SEACAMP staff enhance their career potential through one of the most comprehensive staff training programs in the camping field. Spending the summer working with us can help staff:
- Develop leadership, decision-making, and communication skills
- Gain experience teaching others
- Have a positive influence on youth
- Build life-long friendships working closely with a talented, multi-cultural staff
- Establish professional references and contacts
- Clarify personal career goals
- Learn from professionals in the fields of marine science, aquatics, and child development
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN: Training all age groups including instructing a NAUI Rescue Diver and Skin Diving Instructor course for staff and co-instructing Marine Science/SCUBA courses for campers that are certified divers; participating in a comprehensive Captain’s Course including seamanship, navigation and practical boat handling; Experience in compressor operation and gear maintenance.
To Apply: Send resume with complete work history and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact you to complete your employment packet, including an application, official college transcripts and references. Applicants will be required to submit a Level II fingerprint background check and drug screening prior to employment.