Award for Innovation
Recognizing innovative contributions to the development of diving and dive education
The modern dive industry is one of continuous innovation. Innovation in equipment, training, engagement, business, ideas, and applications. NAUI as an organization has led many innovations in the diving industry including teaching standards, course development, safety considerations, and business organization. The NAUI Award for Innovation recognizes individuals for their significant contribution of innovation to the dive industry. Their innovations reflect the spirit of adventure, exploration, and leadership which is the very foundation of the diving industry and NAUI.
This award recognizes innovative programs, practices, partnerships, policies, and activities that improve the ability to serve students and the diving community, and to honor those who have created and implemented innovation. Granting this award provides NAUI the opportunity express our appreciation to these individuals who strive for excellence and innovation, showcase their innovations, and acknowledge the positive waves their contributions make to the diving community.
Awarded in 2 categories each year:
- one to recognize the efforts of an individual
- one to recognize organizational entities
- An organizational or individual recipient may only receive the award in their name directly once. Although, an individual recipient may be part of an organizational recipient and vice versa.
- The award may recognize one contribution or timeline of achievement.
- Recognized innovative contributions to the development of diving education
- This award recognizes innovative programs, practices, partnerships, policies, and activities that improve the ability to serve students and the diving community
Nomination: By any NAUI member or affiliate partner member (PFI, DAN). The nomination: is to be in writing; identify the nominee; describe their efforts; include contact information; the category of the nomination; and state how their innovation contributed to diving.