Established in 2019, the Next Generation Leader Award is presented to NAUI members new to the industry who distinguish themselves with service provided to the association and show promise of significant achievement. The intent of this award is to recognize members who reach out in some special way to improve the diving sport for youth of the next generation.
Their service to NAUI is refreshing because they are either younger in age or relatively newer to the dive industry and already demonstrate strong characteristics of NAUI leadership. Individuals nominated for this award use the NAUI motto Dive Safety Through Education to support innovation to the next generation and act as an admirable example to other new or young divers and leaders.
Their service to NAUI and our mission of Dive Safety Through Education can be on a local, regional, national, or international level. Any member of NAUI may nominate a NAUI member for the award.
Awarded to NAUI Members who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Requirements
- Been a NAUI Member for no more than 3 years, or demographics no more than the age of 30 on the date of nomination.
- Plus one or more of the following
- Distinguish outstanding service provided to the association in any given year or combination thereof.
- Perform services in the development of new NAUI Leaders.
- Perform services in youth development programs.
- Introduce innovative practices or actionable concepts to NAUI.
- Perform services to NAUI in conferences and seminars.
Regular participation in and support of NAUI training programs, with (innovative) youth programs specifically, while in continuous active status as a NAUI Assistant Instructor, NAUI Divemaster, NAUI Skin Diving Instructor, NAUI Instructor. The nominee must not be older than 30 years of age, or the nominee must be a NAUI member of no more than 3 years.
A recipient may only receive the award once. Any NAUI member or past recipient may nominate a new individual for the award.
The recipient who is honored with the award will get special recognition on NAUI social media networks to enable the spread of NAUI (youth) programs.
The award is administered and granted by the NAUI Headquarters Standing Awards Committee. Granting of the award will be automatic, providing the criteria are met and the nominee is a member in good standing.
Nomination: of a NAUI member by a NAUI member