About The Event
NAUI Intermediate Freediver Course
Date: January 19-22, 2019
Location: Apollo Beach’s Premiere Fitness Center and Sports Camp in Apollo Beach, Florida
6520 Richies Way, Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Course Fee: $750 USD
Price includes: Course materials, Instruction, Pool rental, Certification
Price does not include: Any boat fees, NAUI dues, Travel, Lodging
Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 40m/132 feet!
The NAUI Intermediate Freediver course instructs competent and comfortable freedivers in essential safety and problem management for breath-hold diving, with a high emphasis on proper technique development. These courses provide comprehensive training using NAUI’s Freediving standards, which have been developed in partnership with Performance Freediving International (PFI). This program also includes details on training and equipment for diving to depths of 40 meters/132 feet. Instructors will cover the following topics:
- Intermediate Safety and Buddy Procedures
- Proper Ventilation for Gas Saturation and Volume
- Equipment for Performance Freediving
- Psychological Aspects of Freediving
- Detailed Physics and Physiology of Freediving
- Confined-Water Static Apnea Development
- Open-Water Constant Ballast Development
- Techniques for Intermediate Freediving
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
- You have basic experience in scuba, freediving, and/or spearfishing
- You’re interested in freediving in the 25-40m/80-132 feet range
- You’d like to learn to hold your breath between 3-5 minutes
- You’re not sure of extended freediving physiology or the physics that affect you during your freedives and want to know the details
- You want to learn how to safely deep dive
To secure your spot in a course or workshop, NAUI needs to receive your registration and either a 50% deposit or full payment. Any outstanding course balance is due by the start of the course.
Submit your deposit and reserve your space now! Contact Shannon McCoy at NAUI HQ via firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 813-628-6284. Questions regarding training should be directed to Dan Semrad, NAUI Freediving Director, at email@example.com.
For more information on this designation, visit https://www.performancefreediving.com/intermediate-freediver. Continue your freediving with the NAUI Freediver Instructor Workshop, held in conjunction with this course. Check the NAUI Events page at https://www.naui.org/events/
Students will be responsible for providing their own:
- Timing device