Assistant Shop Manager (Hourly Full-time or Part-time) - Panama City Dive Center
Panama City Dive Center (PCDC) is seeking an outgoing, professional Assistant Shop Manager to assist with shop activities. The ideal candidate would have excellent customer service skills, as well as organizational and communication skills. Merchandising and marketing skill are a plus.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
High school or equivalent (Required)
Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- MUST BE AT LEAST AN ADVANCED OPEN WATER CERTIFIED DIVER.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills. Multitasking and organization is key.
- Great English grammar/punctuation/communication skills a must!
- Key Candidate Qualities: Professional, Outgoing Personality, Clerical, and Customer Centric.
- Must enjoy working with people and helping divers/snorkelers have a fun and exciting experience.
PCDC Assistant Managers provide customer support daily via the phones, emails, and online for our dive and snorkel charters and instruction. Customer service is at the core of what they do... energetically greeting and checking customers in every day. Problem solving and scheduling are also important tasks our Office Staff regularly undertake. They also assist with customer questions, fitting gear for trips, updating boat manifests, daily shop upkeep and filling/moving scuba tanks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide customer service over the phone or through email communications. Includes booking diving/snorkeling trips by phone/email, contacts regarding completed gear servicing, and keeping accurate schedule updates.
Assist with daily check-in procedures, ensuring accuracy and completion of any and all required documents for instruction and charters.
Ability to lift and load SCUBA tanks and be able to lift 35+ pounds multiple times daily.
Update manifest for instruction and be in communication with scheduled instructors and crew.
Helping customers with correct fitting of dive and snorkel gear.
Selling and ordering dive equipment/ merchandise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office products, specifically word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Additionally, candidates should be proficient in answering customer inquiries via phone and email and follow specific instructions regarding bookkeeping processes.
Customer Service Expectations (Summary):
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to orally communicate clearly and persuasively in both a large formal environment and one-on-one. PCDC operates in a high paced environment with a wide range of customer demographics, therefore the ability to manage difficult or emotional situations and personal emotions is a must.
Physical Demands (Summary):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions if they can reasonably be done without compromising the safety of students or other employees.
- Walking/Stooping - Generally required intermittently on a regular basis throughout the workday in a variety of settings.
- Lifting/Bending - Generally required intermittently on a regular basis throughout the workday in a variety of settings. May be required to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Manual Dexterity - Able to use hands to finger, handle, or fell; reach with hands and arms. Use computer, office equipment/supplies, and basic hand tools.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give us a call at (850)235-3390.