About The Event
Instructor Training Course
Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz CA
October 26 - November 4, 2018
Are your ready to join the most prestigious group of dive professionals in the Industry? This is an opportunity to work with the most experienced and knowledgeable instructors in the Northwest
Course Directors: Jim Larsen, David Babineau, Cecilia Shin, Frank Degnan
Instructor Trainers Dean Zerbe, Clare Dominik,
- Age 18 years old
- Be currently certified as a NAUI Assistant Instructor, Dive Master, or Other Agency Leader who have completed the NAUI FIT program.
- CPR and First Aid Certification. Current certification or verified competency Dive First Aid for Professionals or equivalent.
- Medical Approval: Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the last 12 months.
- Experience: Have at least 100 logged dives. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth and activities.
- Complete the NAUI Instructor elearning course.
Required Materials – NAUI Instructor Package #98503. Included in tuition.
NAUI New Instructor Registration $ 265.00
NAUI Instructor Insurance – estimate at $ 650.00
Lodging: Not Included, Contact Course Director for additional information.
Meals: Not included
Transportation: not included
Equipment required; Complete Scuba Equipment for cold water diving including: Regulator with Octopus, Depth and Pressure gauges, Watch or computer, Buoyancy Compensator, Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Knife, 2 Slates, Whistle, Weight Belt, Exposure suit suitable for 50 degree waters. Cylinders and Air will be provided.
Classroom assignments will be made in advance upon receipt of your deposit. Confined and Open Water presentations will be assigned during the course.