< Back To Calendar Of Events
About The Event
- Hosted at California Scuba Center (510 Shaw Avebue, Clovis, CA 93612)
- Our facility is a full service dive center with a heated indoor pool, modern classroom and stocked retail showroom.
- Special hotel pricing at La Quinta Clovis. This is a brand new hotel located less than 1 mile from the dive shop/classroom. Call 559-291-9000 to make your reservation. Mention you are attending class with “California Scuba Center”.
- Minimum age of 18 years prior to enrollment and start of training.
- Current certification as a NAUI Assistant Instructor or NAUI Divemaster or equivalent.
- Current certification in NAUI First Aid for Dive Professionals or equivalent.
- Certified as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or equivalent.
- A minimum of 60 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 30 hours bottom time are required for enrollment. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
- Prior to certification as a NAUI Instructor, the candidate will have a minimum of 100 logged dives. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
- Minimum of 6 months of diving experience.
- Instructor candidates must pass the NAUI Instructor pre-qualification Examination prior to the start of the IDC.
- Candidates shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. Tanks and weights can be provided if needed.
- Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months. In no event will medical approval be accepted wherein the physician signing the certificate is the student.
- Required NAUI Learning Materials and eLearning.
- Dive Site Entrance and Pool Fees.
- Includes any tanks/air fills, weights or other gear needed if traveling to the IDC.
- NAUI/DAN First Aid Instructor Designation - Allows the candidate to teach ALL NAUI/DAN courses. Basic Life Support, CPR-Health Care Provider, Emergency Oxygen Provider, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries, Neurological Assessment, Diving First Aid for Professional Divers, and Diving Emergency Management Provider.