Seacamp is looking for dynamic SCUBA Instructors interested in teaching teenagers basic certification courses and leading dives for certified divers. Instructors prepare and conduct Skin diving, NAUI SCUBA Diver, NAUI Master Diver, and Seacamp’s own selection of Marine Science Investigations classes for teenagers. Instructors also train staff in NAUI Rescue Diver and NAUI Skin Diving Instructor to prepare them to act as snorkeling and SCUBA assistants. Instructors participate in all camp functions and assist in camper supervision.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be a nationally certified SCUBA Instructor. Seacamp is a NAUI facility but hires instructors from all agencies.
- Must be comfortable in the water and have strong swimming skills.
- Employment dates are May 22-August 31.
- Salary, room and board, and allowance for insurance
- Opportunity to dive one of the most extensive coral reefs in the continental United States. Practical experience teaching environmental awareness in a tropical marine setting.
- Comprehensive experiential staff training program.
SEACAMP staff enhance their career potential through one of the most comprehensive staff training programs in the camping field. Spending the summer working with us can help staff:
- Develop leadership, decision-making, and communication skills
- Gain experience teaching others
- Have a positive influence on youth
- Build life-long friendships working closely with a talented, multi-cultural staff
- Establish professional references and contacts
- Clarify personal career goals
- Learn from professionals in the fields of marine science, aquatics, and child development
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN: Training all age groups including instructing a NAUI Rescue Diver and Skin Diving Instructor course for staff and co-instructing Marine Science/SCUBA courses for campers that are certified divers; participating in a comprehensive Captain’s Course including seamanship, navigation and practical boat handling; Experience in compressor operation and gear maintenance.
To Apply: Send resume with complete work history and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact you to complete your employment packet, including an application, official college transcripts and references. Applicants will be required to submit a Level II fingerprint background check and drug screening prior to employment.